According to a recent report from Business Insider, location-enabled ads see a lift in CPMs, or cost per thousand impressions. Data from several mobile ad networks and ad exchanges tell the same story!
The possibilities for location-based services on mobile go beyond consumer-facing apps, it applies for mobile web as well. According to Tor Olav Haugen, co-founder of ThumbAd.com, their local advertising solution are regarded as one of many possible targeting facilities. The advertiser can enable local features as a part of a premium reach strategy for both national and local advertisers. “Allowing our advertisers utilizing a mix in targeting and reach improves performance substantially”, according to Haugen. “We can clearly see that this strategy outperform competing services, most importantly it applies for both national and local advertisers!”
Key findings in the report;
- Location-enabled mobile ads have generated excitement for their effectiveness and the impressive prices they command. Many mobile ad trading platforms are reporting triple-digit increases in location-enabled impressions.
- Location-based features have turned out to be great for boosting engagement
- Local data can connect hundreds of thousands of small and medium- sized businesses to the mobile economy, via mobile search and other strategies.
Mobile-first Will Be The Major Buzzword
The outlook for mobile advertising, marketing and media gets brighter by the year. Expect another stellar year as brands, retailers and agencies place marketing dollars where the eyeballs are: mobile – according to Mobile Marketer.
Thanks to innovation and technology, brand advertising dollars will stream into mobile. Furthermore, industry experts predict mobile advertising will break-free from tiny banners that are more often than not clicked by mistake to large beautiful ads in context. Mobile creative is not at its best. Marketers must first focus on what they are trying to achieve, make the creative as visually pleasing as possible and offer consumers a more interactive experience.
Coming from a situation where Q4-2012 was a record quarter, representing more than a two-times increase in impressions and revenue to publishers compared to any other quarter in 2012. This reflects the magnitude of marketing and advertising spend during this quarter, associated with the seasonal impact of holiday shopping, this according to Opera.
Velti’s ‘State of Mobile Advertising 2012: Year in Review’ report delivers insight into trends in the mobile advertising market during 2012.
International mobile sales and mobile ad impressions continue to grow rapidly, especially in emerging economies, which also show the highest click-through rates (CTR). Among apps, games continue to lead all categories in both popularity and impressions served, though photography is growing quickly.
Berg Insight estimated that mobile ads and marketing comprised a €3.8 billion (U.S. $5 billion) market in 2011, dominated by Google’s AdMob and Apple’s iAd platforms. But Berg is predicting that numbers will grow by a factor of 5 into a €19.7 billion market in 2017. In the UK, the Internet Advertising Bureau UK (IAB) said the sector grew by 132% to £181.5 million in the first half of 2012 to account for 7% of digital ad spend.
This trend is reflected in the activities of the market’s more forward-looking agencies, for example M&C Saatchi’s mobile division (from their trend and Insight report March 2013).
AboutThumbAd is the owner of a successful and innovative Mobile Advertising Platform. The company monetizes, add value and deliver additional advertising revenue to Publishers, and offer a unique expertise for Advertisers in the Nordic´s. The Company delivers Better Mobile Click Through Rates by Contextual Relevancy and Real Time Targeting. The company’s web site at http://www.thumbad.com contains additional information. ThumbAd has office in Oslo, Stockholm, Turku, Moscow and Irvine. For more information please JoinUs@ThumbAd.com.
- John Carew og teamThumbAd med comeon! på grillparty fb.me/EeAdR4Eb 3 months ago
- "Har butikkene blitt et Show-rom?" linkedin.com/pulse/har-buti… by @CatchTorOlav on @LinkedIn 3 months ago
- Da er vi vel inne i nye lokaler i Tordenskioldsgate 6! Kaffen er klar hvis du er kaffetørst fb.me/CbrPHeUB 3 months ago
- ThumbAd has moved to brand new offices in Oslo with sea-view! #rooftop coffee - feel free to come by to visit to di… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 months ago
- fb.me/8Co5wrl7w 3 months ago
- fb.me/1tDpIExo1 3 months ago
- New Office & New Views - Join Us For A Visit 😉 fb.me/8LIQ7yGos 3 months ago